Adora loves to sit on shoulders!
Adora sitting on the hippo at the zoo.
Jake loves to take these pictures where Adora and I are both pointing at some animal at the zoo.
The girls at the San Diego Zoo--me, Adora, and Aunt Kelsey.

Adora liked chasing the seagulls on the beach.
Adora loves toddler beds, so I bet Little E was showing his off to her.

Adora and her second cousin (or first cousin once removed? I don't know how that works). They were best buds for a couple of days.
This is some sort of flying car ride. I was in the car ahead of Adora and Jake.

Daddy and Adora riding the teacups. Toward the end of the day, we found all the cool kid rides! So Adora was pretty tired but still managed to enjoy some of them. There were absolutely no lines at all, so we could just stay on the rides and ride as many times as we wanted. San Diegans are really afraid of cold weather!
Adora pet the sting rays. I was kind of afraid she'd be barbed like the crocodile hunter, but I figured these were probably debarbed, right? She was afraid to pet the dolphins but not the stingrays. Jake got to pet a dolphin, though. They are trained to approach you when you held your hand flat above the water. Then, you're supposed to give them some food, so how do they approach you? With their mouths wide open and their teeth showing. It would've freaked me out, too, if I weren't even two yet.

Adora looking at the Beluga whales. She calls them, "whee-wuls," and I hope she never stops. It's just so cute!
Adora with the real polar bear. Ok, ok, there is a layer of glass separating them.

This is our second full day in San Diego. We went to Sea World even though it was cold, because, hey, it's free for military members and dependents. We still had to pay like $10 to park, but we brought soup and went back to the car to eat it, old school :) I think this is when Adora fell in love with polar bears, although she wouldn't take a picture alone with this one.
Here is the beach outside our room in San Diego. As you can see, it was cold! I was really glad we brought Adora's heavy jacket, even though she wouldn't wear it most of the time.

This is our second full day in San Diego. We went to Sea World even though it was cold, because, hey, it's free for military members and dependents. We still had to pay like $10 to park, but we brought soup and went back to the car to eat it, old school :) I think this is when Adora fell in love with polar bears, although she wouldn't take a picture alone with this one.
This is Adora opening her kitchen stuff from MawMaw for Christmas. She immediately started to eat it.
This is Adora unwillingly taking a picture with Santa at the Riverbend Nature Center Christmas lights display. She is enamored with the idea of Santa, but gets frightened when she actually sees him.
1 comment:
Such cute pictures! I love the one of Adora on the beach. And you have completely figured out how to be a mom by now! That's what you are best at...which is far more important than having an organized blog.
Post a Comment