Saturday, June 12, 2010

My 10-year high school class reunion was Memorial Day weekend. It was a lot of fun. Adora joined Jake and me at the picnic and ate a whole hot dog. . . well, minus the bun. I can't remember for sure, but this may have been her "smile" face. It's blazing hot already in Wichita Falls, and unless we get outside right after breakfast, that's pretty much all I can handle without being in the water. Adora's spent a couple of afternoons playing in the sprinkler, and we've been to the Spray Park three times so far. It's one of my favorite things about this area in the summer. She's getting much braver about getting water in her face and even seems to like going under the water in the pool. I signed her up for swim lessons at the YMCA starting in July, and I think she'll love it.
Here, Adora and I are going through her bedtime routine. She loves reading her Bible and trying to identify the people in the pictures.

Jake and I took Adora to a tye-dye workshop at the art museum here. She loved "painting" the shirts. They both turned out really well, and she is so proud of herself when she wears them.




After the tye-dye workshop, we hung out by the lake and watched the ducks. She has dye on her face and looks so cute, sweet, and BIG in this picture!











Adora loves to sing, especially Old McDonald. Here is a little clip of her singing.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

nice burp Adora.

-- Jake

Unknown said...

kitty cat!

Melanie said...

Of course! What would YOU have on YOUR farm?!