Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Thankful

Ok, I was in a really bad mood that last post because Salem was waking up AGAIN and I am afraid to go to bed because Adora is in my room and I have to transfer her to her room, risking waking both of them up again. Jake is flying right now, so I have to do it by myself.

These are the things that I have to be thankful for, though:
My kids' health--despite minor illnesses, my kids are both healthy--I can't say the same for everyone I know
Our finances--I hate that our home in WF hasn't sold yet, but I am joyful that we are able to pay for both of our homes and even to fix the flood damage in this home and even still be able to consider things like trips to Baton Rouge, Houston, and Yellowstone, and even the super-expensive YMCA membership (did I mention how expensive it is? It is a non-profit! It is $72/month plus $4.50 each time I take the kids to the childcare!)
Our new baby on the way--I am so excited to get to know this new little person. Adora is so sweet and she wants to learn about the new baby each day. He or she is the size of an apple and weighs 2.5 oz right now.
The weather--I didn't realize how hard the winter was here until it warmed up this weekend and we could actually go outside! It was in the 60s today, and it was beautiful. We went for a walk in Oak Park, I pulled Salem in the wagon and Adora roller skated around our street, we went for a walk in our neighborhood, and I pushed the kids on the swings--all this afternoon! Plus, I got to cook dinner while the kids played together outside almost the whole time, 'til Salem started eating rocks. And I got to turn the heater off for the first time since we moved here! It was all glorious.
A newly-born nephew and two nieces on the way very soon!
People who love me

I need to go to bed, but I could go on if I wanted to. Good night!

No comments: