Wednesday, September 3, 2008

First tooth!

Here is a picture of Adora from a couple of days ago. I know I'm biased, but I don't know how I had such a beautiful girl!

Adora got her first tooth today! It is a sharp little one on the bottom front (left side). She has been pretty fussy and trying to bite everything. I put her teethers in the fridge, and she likes to bite the ones that she can easily hold. I've been giving her Tylenol, teething tablets, and I did Oragel once (she was very interested in the taste). I need to try the Oragel more to see if it works, but the Tylenol definitely works. I'm not too sure about the teething tablets, but they are harmless, so I give them to her anyway. Besides, she likes to eat them.


Last night was a rough night--probably worse due to the teething. I read about a technique today to get your baby to skip a feeding at night, so I might try it out in the next couple of nights when Adora is feeling better about her tooth. The Baby Whisperer says that instead of feeding your baby at night, pick her up, hold her, and give her a pacifier and she should stay awake about the length of time that she usually eats and then go back to sleep. The next night, she should stay awake less time. In three nights (which means at least nine for Adora if it works at all!), the baby will be sleeping through that feeding. I'm so exhausted that I'll do nearly anything that might work, so we'll have to see how it goes.

Jake and I worked on cleaning out the garage tonight. It has a bunch of unpacked boxes from our move and is a general mess. Now that the sailboat is in there along with the car, it's a little more dire of a situation. We got a lot done before the mosquitoes came out and I went inside. Jake's still out there plugging away!
Well, even though I took four naps today, I am still reeeally tired, so I am going to go read a little bit and then go to bed!

This is from awhile back when Adora couldn't roll over yet, but she is trying sooo hard!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Me and Dad and Seth and Kelsey (on the phone) just really enjoyed all the pictures and info and videos!!! We loove that baby

Unknown said...

Awww...now she's rolling all over the place. Adora is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!