Friday, October 31, 2008

A few minutes while Adora's napping

I have a few minutes while Adora's napping, so I thought I'd try to update a little. I tried to take a nap for 20 minutes, but I couldn't. Then, I had a couple of visitors. She's been asleep. . . 37 minutes now, so she might wake up any minute, but she's been taking longer naps lately (thank goodness!) so she might be out for a little while longer.

Adora will be 8-months-old tomorrow! She is such a fun little girl. She is eating table foods now, which is just a fancy way for saying she eats just about whatever Mommy eats. She had some spaghetti & meat sauce for dinner last night. Then she slept from 8 p. m. until 2:30 a. m.! Should I give her spaghetti every night?!


Here is another picture of our camping trip.













Adora can pull up onto her knees from a sit now, as evidenced in this photo. Mommy, let me out of jail! You can also see how she has one pigtail in her hair. It was sooooooo cute, but she screamed and thrashed and would not let me do the other side--oh well!










Jake's birthday was Oct. 25, and our little girl loved to help him open his presents! She loves paper, so any chance she gets to chew on it is gold. I usually let her chew and then take it away once it starts to fall apart, which is usually within one minute, but this wrapping paper was a little sturdier. She did say DaDa for the first time on Jake's birthday--he was excited but not too thrilled since she yelled it when she woke up from sleep at night time while she was crying in her crib



Now, this may be TMI, but Adora likes to poop when she's eating. She is not a stealth pooper, either--she grunts and turns red and her eyes get watery. It is pretty hilarious, so Jake was trying to get a video of it. She loves to stare at the camera, though, so she stopped pooping to stare at it. Toward the end of the video is a really cute squeal, though. Who knows, maybe this is something only a parent could love.

In this video, she is making a really cute growling sound. I think it is her favorite sound right now.

Here is one of her Halloween costumes.














Here is another--I know it's dark, but I just love her smile in this one.














Here is Adora with her friend, Reagan, at the playgroup Halloween party. Reagan didn't know she was supposed to dress up, but it's ok--she's just a baby, after all! Reagan is almost one month younger than Adora.











This little Tootsie Roll, Oliver, is so cute. He is five months older than Adora, but he was two months premature! She is taller and heavier than he is. Look how advanced my child is--she already knows how to share! Oliver's mom made his costume--how crafty!















This is Adora with "her best friend, Kennedy" (that's what Jake says all the time). Kennedy's mom is one of my good friends here. Kennedy is two-and-a-half months older than Adora, and she is already walking! They change so quickly. I love her costume's hair :)







Gavin loooves to give kisses. His mom is my other good friend here.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

love the halloween photos and the ones of adora with her friends. the kiss one is really, really cute!!

Karen said...

I am so glad to see the fun updates and I miss her!!!

Unknown said...

i love baby tweet tweet :)

Melanie said...

So does Gavin!