I had to share this pregnancy experience. Everyone seems to think it's ok to tell pregnant women that they look as if they're about to pop, or they look as if they swallowed a basketball. I assume everyone thinks it's ok to tell pregnant women this because everyone thinks it's ok to tell me these things (or to say them to Jake about me), and I am still weeks from being full-term and have gained only minimal weight. Anyway, I was wearing a bikini at the waterpark Monday, and a little boy (about 4-years-old) slid down a slide and started staring at my belly.
Boy: You have a baby?
Me: Yes, I do! I have a baby in my tummy.
He came up and touched my belly.
Boy: Look like fat!
In all reality, I don't care if kids say stuff like that because. . . well, they're kids. It's pretty hilarious. But grownups should know better, don't you think? No one likes being told they're huge by someone who should know better, even if they really are about to "pop", whatever that means. I didn't walk up to all the obese people at the waterpark and tell them they looked like they were about to pop or they looked like they swallowed three basketballs. That would just be plain rude.
2 comments:
I have been meaning to comment on this since I read it...the reason people say things like that to you is because your legs, arms, hips, and face are all still so skinny and muscular looking! I know it seems like a weird thing to say, but I think in an offhand way it is really a compliment. You would never hear someone say that to a woman who is overweight and pregnant...
Thanks, Brittany! You're a sweetheart.
Post a Comment